Eggplant and Feta Cheese Salad
|Olive oil||13 1⁄3 Tablespoon (1/3 Plus 1/2 Cup)|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
|Oregano leaves||1 1⁄4 Teaspoon, crumbled|
|Ripe plum tomatoes||4|
|Feta cheese||1⁄4 Pound, crumbled (Mild One)|
|Dijon style mustard||2 Teaspoon|
|Balsamic vinegar||3 Tablespoon|
|Red onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
1) Slice eggplants lengthwise and score flesh diagonally, creating a diamond pattern.
2) Brush all over with 1/3 cup oil. Sprinkle pepper, salt and 1 teaspoon oregano.
3) Broil or grill eggplants 4-inches away from heat, keeping the cut side down, for 4-5 minutes or until golden brown in color. Remove and keep aside.
4) Slice tomatoes crosswise and nicely arrange around the edges of a serving dish.
5) Fill the center of tomatoes with eggplant and sprinkle feta cheese all over.
6) Take a small bowl and blend together vinegar, mustard and 1/4 teaspoon oregano. Gradually stir in 1/2 cup oil in a thin stream and blend.
7) Pour dressing on the salad and garnish with onions on the top.