Grecian Snapper With Feta Cheese
|Feta cheese||2 Ounce|
|Vegetable cooking spray||1|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Tomatoes||3 Medium, peeled,seeded,chopped|
|Chablis/Dry white wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dried whole oregano||1 Teaspoon|
|Red snapper fillets||6|
|Ripe olives||1 Tablespoon|
|Parsley sprigs||3 (For Garnish)|
1) Preheat the oven to 350F. Coat a 13X9X2-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
2) In a colander, add feta cheese. Place it under cold water for a minute. Let the cheese drain for a minute.
3) In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, add olive oil. Heat on medium flame.
4) Saute the onions and garlic till they soften. Add in the tomatoes, wine, oregano, salt and pepper.
5) Let the mixture come to a boil. Turn down the flame. Cook on simmer for about 20 minutes without a lid on.
6) Wash the snapper fillets under cold running water. Pat them dry.
7) Transfer the fillets to the baking dish. Pour the tomato mixture over the fish. Bake for 15 minutes uncovered. The fish must flake easily at the end of it.
8) Sprinkle the feta cheese, parsley and olives over the baked fish.
9) Garnish the dish with lemon twist and parsley leaves, if you wish.
10) Serve hot.