Time Honored Greek Lamb Leg Cooked in Paper
|Leg of lamb||9 Pound|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), slivered|
|Lemons||3 , cut in half|
|Season salt||To Taste (to season)|
|Pepper||To Taste (to season)|
|Dried greek oregano||2 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
1. Trim fat from leg of lamb.
2. With point of sharp knife, make slits in lamb surface, including underside.
3. Press garlic slivers into slits.
4. Insert one large brown bag inside the other.
5. Slip lamb leg into paper bags and place in roasting pan.
6. Working with hand, rub salt, pepper, oregano, olive oil and lemon all over the lamb in the bag. Let the lemon join the lamb.
7. Let marinate for 2 hours.
8. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
9. Roast in the oven for about 2 hours or until the internal temperature reaches 120 degrees [F].
10. Transfer the lamb in the bag, to a carving board and let it rest for about 10 minutes.
11. Uncover and carve the lamb and transfer the slices to a serving platter.
12. Serve lamb with mint sauce.