Greek Style Dinner
|Canned condensed chicken broth||10 3⁄4 Ounce (1 can)|
|Water||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Long grain white rice||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Dried dill weed||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|White pepper||To Taste|
|Skinless boneless chicken breast halves||4|
|Shredded wheat biscuits||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), crumbled|
|Honey||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Vanilla yogurt||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Red onion||1 Small|
|Romaine head||1⁄2 , washed and crisped|
|Feta cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), crumbled|
|Black olives||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Oil and vinegar dressing||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs) (Prepared)|
|Parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|All purpose flour||1 Tablespoon|
1. On each chicken cutlet, sprinkle dillweed and pepper.
2. Starting at the narrow end, roll each cutlet and secure with a toothpick. Keep aside.
3. Wash tomatoes, halve and cut into slices.
4. Peel and slice red onion.
5. Tear romaine into salad bowl
6. In a medium saucepan, bring chicken broth and 2 cups of the water to boiling.
7. Add rice and return to boil, stirring.
8. Reduce heat, cover pan and simmer rice for 20 minutes until tender and water is absorbed.
9. At the same time, in a medium skillet, combine 1 cup water, the lemon juice and salt. Bring to a boil.
10. Carefully add the chicken rolls to the boiling water.
11. Reduce heat, cover pan and let chicken rolls simmer for about 15 minutes until the flesh is white and firm and tender all the way through.
12. While the chicken cooks, take 4 parfait glasses and spoon 2 tablespoon of the crumbled shredded-wheat biscuits each.
13. Drizzle 1-tablespoon honey and dollop 1/2 cup yogurt on top.
14. Refrigerate parfaits until dessert time.
15. To the lettuce, add the onion slices, crumble the feta cheese on top and scatter black olives evenly.
16. Cover and refrigerate salad.
17. When the rice is tender and water has been absorbed, fluff it up with 2 forks.
18. Add chopped parsley and toss lightly. Spoon onto serving platter.
19. With a slotted spoon, remove the chicken rolls from liquid and arrange them over the parsleyed rice.
20. Blend egg with flour in and add in a little of the cooking liquid to it. Stir it into the remaining broth and thicken sauce over medium heat.
21. Spoon some sauce over the chicken rolls over the rice. Garnish platter with the tomato slices, lemon and dill.
22. Pour remaining sauce in a sauce boat and pass at the table.
23. Toss the cold salad with dress and serve.
24. Serve the parfaits chilled, to end the meal.