Mini Open Faced Gyros
|Pita pocket||1 (7-inch)|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Lamb loin||4 Ounce, cut into 24 (1 1/2x3/4x1/4-inch) strips|
|Dried rosemary leaves||3⁄4 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Garlic powder||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Plain yogurt||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Pepperoncini peppers||1 , juiced (optional)|
|Cucumber slice||12 , cut in half|
|Fresh rosemary sprig||2 (optional)|
|Cherry tomatoes||6 Small, cut into 24 slices|
1) Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2) Cut the pita bread into 12 wedges and further cut each piece into half to make 24 triangles.
3) Arrange on a non-stick baking pan.
4) Bake the pita breads in the oven for 4 to 5 minutes or until crisp.
5) In a non-stick pan, heat oil and sautÃ© lamb and ½ teaspoon of rosemary and cook until browned and tender.
6) In a small bowl, mix together ¼ teaspoon of rosemary, garlic powder, salt, yogurt, lemon juice, and pepperoncini juice.
7) Spread each pita triangle with yogurt mixture and make a layer with 1 lamb slice, 1 cucumber slice, 1 tomato slice.
8) Arrange the pita breads on a serving platter and garnish with rosemary sprigs and serve warm.
Calories 124 Calories from Fat 53
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.2%
Saturated Fat 1.4 g7.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 24.5 mg8.2%
Sodium 275.1 mg11.5%
Total Carbohydrates 9 g3.1%
Dietary Fiber 1.1 g4.2%
Sugars 1.8 g
Protein 8 g15.5%
Vitamin A 5.7% Vitamin C 11.3%
Calcium 5.2% Iron 6.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet