Greek Cheese Turnovers
|Crumbled feta cheese||2 Ounce (1/4 Cup)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1 Tablespoon|
|Cream cheese||1 Tablespoon, softened|
|Dried oregano leaves||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Lemon juice||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Pillsbury refrigerated crescent dinner rolls||8 Ounce (1 Can)|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) In a bowl, place together all the cheeses, oregano, garlic, lemon juice and egg.
3) Mix the cheese mixture well together.
4) Separate the dough into 4 rectangles and secure the perforations by pressing it.
5) Lightly stretch each rectangle by pressing or rolling it, into 8 by 4 inch rectangle.
6) Cut into halves crosswise to make 8 squares.
7) Spoon about 1 tablespoon of cheese mixture on the middle of each square.
8) Fold the dough sheet over the cheese mixture, to form triangle.
9) Pinch or press the edges with fork to secure the filling, prick the tops with fork.
10) Arrange the parcels on a non-stick baking sheet.
11) Dredge the parcels with 1 tablespoon of cheese.
12) Bake in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
13) Allow to rest for 5 minutes, and cut each triangle in halve.
14) Serve warm with any desired dip.
Calories 311 Calories from Fat 59
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g29%
Saturated Fat 7.9 g39.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 72.9 mg24.3%
Sodium 690.9 mg28.8%
Total Carbohydrates 24 g8%
Dietary Fiber 0.3 g1.2%
Sugars 4.9 g
Protein 9 g18.9%
Vitamin A 4.7% Vitamin C 1.6%
Calcium 18.1% Iron 37.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet