Greek Meatballs with Lemon Sauce
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|White rice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Beef bouillon cubes||4|
|Lemon juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
To make meatballs:
1. In medium bowl, combine chuck, onion, rice, parsley, salt and pepper with 1/4 cup cold water.
2. Using hands mix well to combine and shape mixture into meatballs, 1-1/4 inches in diameter.
3. In large kettle, combine bouillon cubes, butter and 4 cups water and bring to boiling.
4. Drop meatballs, one by one, into boiling liquid.
5. Return to boiling reduce heat and simmer covered 50 minutes.
To make lemon sauce:
6. In top of double boiler, over hot, not boiling, water, using rotary beater, beat eggs with 2 tablespoons cold water until light and fluffy.
7. Remove 1/4 cup hot bouillon from kettle gradually add to egg mixture, beating constantly.
8. Gradually stir in lemon juice and cook, stirring occasionally, until sauce thickens.
9. Add salt and remove from heat.
10. Let it stand over hot water for 5 minutes before serving.
11. With slotted spoon, remove meatballs to serving dish and pour sauce over them.
12. Sprinkle with chopped parsley.
13. Serve the meatballs with cooked rice or mashed potatoes, if desired.
Calories 349 Calories from Fat 216
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g37.2%
Saturated Fat 9.7 g48.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 190 mg63.3%
Sodium 1217.3 mg50.7%
Total Carbohydrates 7 g2.4%
Dietary Fiber 0.49 g2%
Sugars 0.8 g
Protein 22 g44.4%
Vitamin A 10.7% Vitamin C 15.4%
Calcium 2.3% Iron 10.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet