Greek Macaroni Spinach Casserole
|Elbow macaroni||8 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Butter/Margarine, 1/4 cup (1/2 stick), melted||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), melted (1/2 Stick)|
|Beef/1 pound lamb, ground||1 Pound, ground|
|Onion||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Allspice||1 Dash, ground|
|Canned tomatoes||1 Pound (Undrained, 1 Can)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Frozen chopped spinach||20 Ounce, thawed, drained (2 Packages, 10 Ounce Each)|
|Feta cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), crumbled|
|Milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), grated|
|Fresh bread crumbs||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), grated|
|Salad oil/Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Grease a 12x8 inch baking dish.
3. Following instructions on the package, cook macaroni and drain.
4. In a bowl, toss drained macaroni with melted butter.
5. In a skillet, heat oil and sautÃ© beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is browned; stir constantly.
6. Season with salt, allspice, pepper and add crushed tomatoes and water.
7. Heat until the mixture boils and then, simmer uncovered with occasional stirring for about 20 minutes.
8. In the prepared baking dish, line bottom with half of the macaroni.
9. Top with spinach and sprinkle feta cheese.
10. Spread remaining macaroni and top with meat sauce.
11. In a small mixing bowl, beat together milk, eggs and Parmesan cheese.
12. Pour the milk mixture over the meat sauce and sprinkle bread crumbs.
13. Bake the dish for 30 minutes and then remove to a wire rack; let it cool for 10 minutes.
14. Cut Greek Macaroni Spinach Casserole into squares and serve in individual plate.