Mushroom Yogurt Bisque
|Onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Mushrooms||3⁄4 Pound, sliced|
|Flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chicken broth||1 Quart|
|Cold water||1 Tablespoon|
|Sherry||1 Tablespoon (optional)|
|Plain yogurt||8 Ounce, beaten (1 cup)|
|Dill/Chives||1 Tablespoon, snipped (for garnish)|
1. In a saucepan or soup pot, melt the butter or margarine over medium heat.
2. Add the onion and mushrooms. SautÃ© them until tender and liquid of mushrooms has evaporated.
3. Sprinkle the flour over the mushrooms and sautÃ© for 2 minutes until cooked.
4. Gradually stir in the chicken broth.
5. Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
6. Blend the cornstarch with cold water and sherry if using, to make a smooth paste.
7. Add to the soup, stirring constantly and bringing soup to a boil.
8. Finally stir in the beaten yogurt and seasonings.
9. Simmer on low heat for a couple of minutes, just until heated through. Do not boil.
10. Ladle the soup into bowls.
11. Garnish with sprinkle of paprika and dill or chives.
12. Serve immediately, with crusty bread.