|Ripe olives||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Feta cheese||1⁄4 Pound|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Dried marjoram||1 Pinch|
1) Cut tomatoes into quarters.
2) Cut cucumber into thick slices.
3) Peel onion and cut into rings.
4) Pit the olives, if desired
5) Roll up anchovy fillets.
6) Make small chunks out of cheese.
7) In a serving bowl, place all these ingredients divide them equally between two serving dishes.
8) To make the dressing, mix the oil and lemon juice with a pinch of salt, pepper to taste and marjoram.
9) Pour the dressing over salad,
10) Mix well and chill for another 30 minutes before serving.
11) Serve the salad in your traditional Greek meal.
Other cheeses may be used instead of feta, but the important thing is to use a crumbly white cheese with a slightly sour taste.
As in the authentic Greek version, it will absorb all the flavour of the oil dressing.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 928 Calories from Fat 690
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 78 g120.1%
Saturated Fat 24 g119.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 126.3 mg42.1%
Sodium 3545.7 mg147.7%
Total Carbohydrates 36 g12.1%
Dietary Fiber 8.4 g33.7%
Sugars 20.4 g
Protein 28 g55.6%
Vitamin A 75.8% Vitamin C 106.7%
Calcium 76.9% Iron 24.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet