|Ground lamb||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Uncooked white rice||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Tomato paste||8 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Lemon||1 Large, freshly squeezed|
|Canned grape leaves||2 Can (20 oz) (Use 2 Jars)|
1) Preheat the oven to 350° F.
2) Gently unwrap and rinse each grape leaf under running water.
3) In a bowl, combine the lamb, rice, onion and 4 tablespoons tomato paste together.
4) Add lemon juice and mix thoroughly.
5) Spoon a teaspoon of the lamb mixture over each leaf and wrap up in an envelope fashion.
6) Line a large earthenware casserole with flat grape leaves and pour in 3 tablespoons of the tomato sauce.
7) Stack the stuffed leaves in the casserole and pour over 1/4 cup tomato sauce mixed with 1/4 cup water.
8) Refrigerator until needed or bake immediately.
9) Cover and bake in the preheated oven for 35 to 45 minutes.
10) Serve the Dolmades, immediately on individual serving plates.
Calories 572 Calories from Fat 257
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 29 g44.1%
Saturated Fat 11.9 g59.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 82.8 mg27.6%
Sodium 2806 mg116.9%
Total Carbohydrates 54 g18.1%
Dietary Fiber 3.7 g14.7%
Sugars 6.1 g
Protein 28 g57%
Vitamin A 110.9% Vitamin C 53.8%
Calcium 33.9% Iron 37.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet