Spinach Salad with Feta Mint And Olives
|Garlic cloves||3 Large, minced|
|Extra virgin olive oil||10 Tablespoon (1/2 Cup Plus 2 Tablespoons)|
|French bread slices||4 , cut 1/4-inch thick|
|Sherry vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Freshly ground pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Spinach/3 cups spinach and 2 cups curly endive / escarole||6 Cup (96 tbs), stemmed and washed|
|Red onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), thinly sliced|
|Crumbled feta cheese/1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan||2 Ounce|
|Kalamata olives/Other brine-cured black olives||4|
|Minced fresh mint||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°.
2) In a small bowl, add garlic and 1/2 cup of olive oil. Combine well.
3) Take each bread slice to brush with some of the garlic oil and reserve the remaining part.
4) In a baking sheet, place the bread and bake for 5 to 7 minutes or until lightly browned.
5) In a medium bowl, add vinegar, remaining garlic-oil mixture, the salt and pepper. Combine thoroughly.
6) In a salad bowl, add spinach, onion, feta cheese and olives to toss well.
7) Pour in vinaigrette and toss again.
8) In a small skillet, add remaining 2 tablespoons oil and heat up.
9) Drizzle the hot oil over the salad and toss.
10) Add the mint and additional salt and pepper to taste.
11) Transfer the salad on serving plates and sprinkle toasted croutons on top.