Greek Chickpeas With Vegetables
|Olive oil/Vegetable oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Japanese eggplant||6 Ounce, sliced (1 Number)|
|Diced onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Diced red bell pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Or Yellow)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Canned italian tomatoes||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), drained, seeded, and diced, reserving liquid|
|Canned chickpeas||8 Ounce, rinsed and drained|
|Tomato sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Kalamata olives/Black olives||4 , pitted, sliced|
|Chopped fresh dill/1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed||1 Tablespoon|
|Feta cheese||2 Ounce, crumbled|
1) In a 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil.
2) In the hot oil, add the eggplant, onion, bell pepper, and garlic.
3) Over medium-high heat, cook this mixture for 2 to 3 minutes, or until the vegetables turn tender-crisp.
4) Now, add the tomatoes along with the liquid, chickpeas, tomato sauce, olives, dill, and pepper. Mix well.
5) Over medium-low heat, cook covered for 4 to 5 minutes. By now, the vegetables will be soft and the flavors will blend.
6) Now, into each of the two 1 1/4-cup flameproof au gratin dishes, fill half of the vegetable mixture.
7) On each portion, add half of the crumbled feta cheese.
8) Broil this mixture by keeping it 5 to 6 inches away from the heat source. Keep broiling for 1 to 2 minutes, until the cheese turns light brown.
9) Transfer the Greek Chickpeas with Vegetables to ramekins and serve immediately.