Greek Eggplant Rounds
|Eggplant slices||6 (1/4 inch thick)|
|Olive oil||1 Teaspoon, divided|
|Tahini||1 Tablespoon (sesame paste)|
|Tomato slices||1 Medium, cut into six 1/4 inch thick slices|
|Feta cheese||2 Ounce, crumbled|
|Oregano leaves||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1) On a nonstick baking sheet, arrange the eggplant slices in a single layer.
2) On top of the eggplant slices, using a pastry brush, lightly brush 1/2 teaspoon oil.
3) From the heat , keep the sheet 5 to 6 inches away and then broil for 2 to 3 minutes, or until lightly brown.
4) Now, with a spatula, turn the slices over and brush again with the remaining oil.
5) On this side, broil for 2 to 3 minutes, or until lightly brown.
6) Over each slice, spread 1/2 teaspoon of tahini.
7) Then with a tomato slice, top each slice.
8) Broil for a minute, until the tomato is heated well.
9) With 1/6th of the feta cheese, top each tomato slice.
10) Then, add oregano and pepper.
11) Broil this for 1 to 2 minutes, until the cheese melts well and turns light brown.
12) Serve the Greek Eggplant Rounds along with hot cooked rice.
Calories 405 Calories from Fat 126
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g22.5%
Saturated Fat 5.5 g27.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 25.2 mg8.4%
Sodium 346.3 mg14.4%
Total Carbohydrates 66 g21.9%
Dietary Fiber 36.8 g147.3%
Sugars 27.5 g
Protein 17 g33%
Vitamin A 18.8% Vitamin C 52.2%
Calcium 25.1% Iron 17.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet