Greek Eggplant Rounds
|Eggplant slices||6 (1/4 inch thick)|
|Olive oil||1 Teaspoon, divided|
|Tahini||1 Tablespoon (sesame paste)|
|Tomato slices||1 Medium, cut into six 1/4 inch thick slices|
|Feta cheese||2 Ounce, crumbled|
|Oregano leaves||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1) On a nonstick baking sheet, arrange the eggplant slices in a single layer.
2) On top of the eggplant slices, using a pastry brush, lightly brush 1/2 teaspoon oil.
3) From the heat , keep the sheet 5 to 6 inches away and then broil for 2 to 3 minutes, or until lightly brown.
4) Now, with a spatula, turn the slices over and brush again with the remaining oil.
5) On this side, broil for 2 to 3 minutes, or until lightly brown.
6) Over each slice, spread 1/2 teaspoon of tahini.
7) Then with a tomato slice, top each slice.
8) Broil for a minute, until the tomato is heated well.
9) With 1/6th of the feta cheese, top each tomato slice.
10) Then, add oregano and pepper.
11) Broil this for 1 to 2 minutes, until the cheese melts well and turns light brown.
12) Serve the Greek Eggplant Rounds along with hot cooked rice.