Chicken Salad Ambrosia
|Bottled italian dressing||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Orange juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sesame seeds||1 Tablespoon, toasted|
|Orange rind||3⁄4 Teaspoon, grated|
|Toasted sesame seeds||1 Tablespoon|
|Grated orange rind||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Salad greens||6 Cup (96 tbs), crisp|
|Cucumber||1 Cup (16 tbs), sliced|
|Chicken||3 Cup (48 tbs) (cooked / canned)|
|Crisp salad greens||6 Cup (96 tbs), torn in bite size pieces (arugula, radicchio and other lettuce)|
|Celery||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Sliced cucumber||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cherry tomatoes||12 , cut into half|
|Mandarin oranges||11 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|Chopped celery||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Pecans||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Canned mandarin oranges||11 Ounce, drained (1 can)|
|Seedless green grapes||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped toasted pecans||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. To make the dressing, in a bowl or jar, combine the dressing ingredients.
2. Whisk with a fork or close lid and shake until well amalgamated.
3. Chill the dressing until ready to serve, whisking or shaking before use.
4. Just before serving time, in a large salad bowl, combine the salad ingredients and toss well to mix.
5. Serve in the bowl or heap onto individual plates.
6. Drizzle dressing over each salad or serve separately on the side, in small dressing dishes, to be spooned over the salad as desired.
Calories 448 Calories from Fat 236
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g41.2%
Saturated Fat 4 g20%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 46.9 mg15.6%
Sodium 353.8 mg14.7%
Total Carbohydrates 36 g12.1%
Dietary Fiber 6.3 g25.1%
Sugars 20.9 g
Protein 20 g39.7%
Vitamin A 64.1% Vitamin C 128.5%
Calcium 14.6% Iron 16.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet