Marinated Fish Greek Style
|Tomato sauce||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), divided|
|White wine||4 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Granulated sugar||1 Teaspoon|
|Rosemary leaves||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Enriched all purpose flour||2 Teaspoon|
|Haddock fillets/Cod fillets||12 Ounce, cut into 1-inch cubes|
|Olive oil||2 Teaspoon|
1) Combine together the tomato sauce, wine, garlic, 3 tablespoons of lemon juice and rosemary in a small saucepan.
2) Cover the pan and gently simmer for about 10 minutes.
3) While the sauce is cooking, combine together the flour, salt and pepper on a sheet of wax paper or a plate.
4) Dredge the fish cubes properly in the flour mixture to coat them.
5) Heat the oil in a 9-inch non-stick skillet.
6) Add the fish cubes to the oil and sautÃ©, turning to brown well on all the sides, till cooked. This usually takes 6 to 8 minutes.
7) In a shallow container (not aluminium) put the cooked fish and pour the tomato sauce all over. Allow to cool.
8) Cover the container and refrigerate overnight.
9) About 30 minutes before serving, remove the fish from the fridge.
10) Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of lemon juice.
11) Serve immediately.