Greek Lentil Salad
|Water||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Lentils||2 Ounce, uncooked|
|Lentils||2 Ounce, rinsed (Sorted, Uncooked)|
|Red bell pepper||1 Medium|
|Yellow pepper||1 Medium|
|Green onions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped (Scallions)|
|Capers||2 Tablespoon, drained|
|Mint||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Fresh mint||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Olive oil||1 1⁄3 Tablespoon (1 Tablespoon Plus 1 Teaspoon)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Feta cheese||1 Ounce, crumbled|
1.Take a 3 quart saucepan and pour in the ater.
2. Let the water boil. Add in the lentils and stir cook over hihg heat for about 25 to 30 minutes.
3.Meanwhile, roast the peppers.
4. Preheat the broiler.
5.Take a baking sheet and line it with heavy duty foil.
6. Broil the peppers at 3 inches from the heat.
7. Let char on all sides.
8. Cool the pepper for about 15 to 20 minutes.
9.Peel the peppers and remove stem and seeds.
10.Cut them into strips and keep aside.
11. Strain the cooked lentils. Reserve about 1/4 of the cooking liquid.
12. Take a mixing bowl, out in the cooked lentils and mix them with scallions. Keep aside.
13. In another small mixing bowl, mix together cooking liquid, capers, mint, oil, lemon juice, vinegar, and pour it over the lentil mixture. Coat thoroughly.
14.Cover and place in refrigerator for 2 hours.
15.Take the serving platter and line it with lettuce leaves.
16. Trasnfer lentil mixture to center of lettuce layer.
17. Arrange the peppers on the lettuce.
18. Top with feta cheese and serve.