Low Fat Moussaka
|Lean ground lamb/Ground turkey||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Tomato paste||3 Tablespoon (For Garnish)|
|Bread crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Wheat germ||2 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat the oven at 350°.
2. Peel and slice eggplant into thin slices, about 1/2 inch.
3. In a large non-stick skillet, cook meat while breaking it using a fork.
4. Add the excess fat.
5. Stir in onions, tomatoes, parsley, cinnamon, nutmeg, and pepper.
6. Pour water and tomato paste.
7. Add some meat mixture. Cover the pan and simmer for 20 minutes.
8. Take an 8 x 12-inch baking pan and pour some of the meat/sauce in the mixture.
9. Place a layer of eggplant slices side by side in the baking pan.
10. Pour more sauce on the top.
11. Keep on arranging the pan with eggplant layers and thin sauce layers. End the preparation with a layer of sauce.
12. Pour in bread crumbs and wheat germ.
13. Place the baking pan in the oven for 1 hour.
14. Serve hot in a serving dish.