Greek Lamb Stew
|Lamb shoulder||2 1⁄2 Pound, cubed|
|Lamb shoulder||2 1⁄2 Pound|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Onions||3 Medium, chopped to make 1 1/2 cups|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Canned tomatoes||28 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Tomato sauce||8 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Ground marjoram||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Marjoram||1⁄2 Teaspoon, ground|
|Pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon, ground|
|Ground pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Eggplant||1 Small, peeled and cubed|
|Green pepper||1 Large, seeded and cubed|
|Elbow macaroni||1 Cup (16 tbs), uncooked (From A 1 Pound Package)|
1) In oil in a Dutch oven, lightly saute the lamb until brown, remove and keep aside.
2) Stir in the garlic and onions and saute for 5 minutes or until soft.
3) Then stir in the lamb cubes, tomatoes, tomato sauce water, salt, marjoram and pepper. Then bring to a boil, cover and simmer for 1 hour.
4) Stir in the eggplant, green pepper and macaroni, then cook for another 30 minutes, or until meat and macaroni are tender.
5) Serve immediately on individual serving plates.
Calories 1885 Calories from Fat 1206
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 134 g206.1%
Saturated Fat 53.9 g269.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 402.6 mg134.2%
Sodium 1590.7 mg66.3%
Total Carbohydrates 63 g21%
Dietary Fiber 12.6 g50.4%
Sugars 13.7 g
Protein 106 g211.8%
Vitamin A 39.7% Vitamin C 127.2%
Calcium 23.2% Iron 78.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet