Low Fat Spinach Tomato Mimosa
|Fresh spinach||10 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Canned whole tomatoes||1 Pound (1 Can)|
|Hard cooked egg||1 , shelled|
|Cider vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
1. Wash and clean the spinach well. Remove the coarse stems.
2. Empty tomatoes from can into a bowl. Remove one firm and large tomato aside for Garnish. Chop the remaining tomatoes coarsely. (Set aside the juices from the can)
3. Boil the eggs. Separate white and yoke. The yoke will be used for garnish
4. In a big salad bowl, break the spinach into bite size peices and add the tomatoes. Mix well.
5. Cut the white of the egg and mix into the salad bowl.
6. To make the dressing add sugar, salt, pepper, vinegar and water. Mix well.
7. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss a few times.
8. Add the tomato whole with the sprinkling of egg yoke on top.
9. Serve chilled or freshly made alongside the main dish.