Chicken Livers Greek Style
|Eggplant||1 Pound, sliced 1/2 inch thick|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Chicken livers||1 1⁄2 Pound, washed, cut in half|
|Onion||1 Medium, sliced|
|Basil leaf||1⁄2 Teaspoon, crumbled|
|Condensed chicken broth||10 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Tomatoes||2 , peeled and cut in eighths|
|Parsley||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
1. Prepare a mixture of 3 tablespoons of the flour and salt. Dip eggplants slices into the mixture.
2. In a large skillet, heat oil and 2 tablespoons of butter or margarine and sauté the eggplant for 3 minutes on both sides.
3. Take a serving dish and arrange the eggplants like a border overlapping around the edges. Let it stay warm.
4. In the same large skillet, heat remaining butter or margarine and sauté chicken livers and onion for 6 minutes or until browned
5. Add the remaining 2 tablespoons flour and basil. Mix in broth.
6. Heat, keep stirring constantly until mixture thickens and bubbles 1 minute.
7. Stir in tomatoes and cover the pan. Reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
8. Add right in the center of serving dish with arranged eggplant border.
9. Sprinkle with parsley and serve with hot cooked rice.
Calories 516 Calories from Fat 260
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 29 g45%
Saturated Fat 11.5 g57.3%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 622.9 mg207.6%
Sodium 1196.4 mg49.9%
Total Carbohydrates 29 g9.8%
Dietary Fiber 6.2 g24.9%
Sugars 7.3 g
Protein 34 g68.2%
Vitamin A 408.5% Vitamin C 91.1%
Calcium 6% Iron 95.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet