Greek Cucumber And Yogurt Dip
|Plain non-fat yogurt||1 Quart (32 Ounces)|
|Seedless cucumber||1 (Hot House)|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), coarsely chopped|
|Walnut||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Scallion||1 , thinly sliced lengthwise (White Only)|
|Fresh dill||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Coarse salt||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon, coarsely ground|
|Pita chips||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (As Desired)|
1) Line a strainer with 2 layers of cheese cloth and place it over a bowl.
2) Add the yogurt and with a twistie, close the top of the cheesecloth.
3) Let it drain for 3 hours at room temperature.
4) Peel and cut the cucumber lengthwise into half.
5) Coarsely chop one of the halves.
6) Cut the other into 1/4-inch dice.
7) In a food processor, place the coarsely chopped cucumber, garlic, walnuts, and drained yogurt.
8) Blend until combined, but still a bit chunky.
9) Transfer to a bowl and fold in the olive oil, scallion, dill, salt, and pepper.
10) Now, stir in the diced cucumber.
11) Chill covered in the refrigerator for 1 hour before serving.
12) Serve in a decorative bowl with pita chips to scoop.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2093 Calories from Fat 1347
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 149 g228.6%
Saturated Fat 10.8 g53.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1042.6 mg43.4%
Total Carbohydrates 77 g25.6%
Dietary Fiber 8.2 g33%
Sugars 43.5 g
Protein 114 g227.4%
Vitamin A 6.8% Vitamin C 28.7%
Calcium 125.1% Iron 21.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet