Greek Salad with Tahini Dressing
|Tomatoes||3 Small, cut into thin wedges|
|Green bell pepper||1 Small, sliced|
|Onion||1 Small, thinly sliced|
|Pitted black olives||8 Small, halved|
|Feta cheese||4 Ounce|
|For tahini dressing:|
|Tahini paste||2 Tablespoon|
|Plain yogurt||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped fresh parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic cloves||1 Small, crushed (If Desired)|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
1. Out of the cucumber make 1/4-inch slices and further cut slices into 1/4-inch-wide strips.
2. Into a salad bowl add the cucumber strips, tomatoes, bell pepper, onion and olives and cube feta cheese and set aside.
3. For making the dressing, into a small bowl spoon tahini paste and slowly beat in yogurt.
4. Thin with water if necessary, stir in parsley and garlic, if desired and season with salt and pepper.
5. Pour dressing over salad and toss well.
6. Sprinkle cheese cubes over salad and serve immediately preferably with cold roasted meats and pita bread.
Calories 179 Calories from Fat 100
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g17.7%
Saturated Fat 4.6 g23%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 27.1 mg9%
Sodium 470 mg19.6%
Total Carbohydrates 12 g3.9%
Dietary Fiber 2.7 g10.7%
Sugars 6.6 g
Protein 8 g16.4%
Vitamin A 28.9% Vitamin C 62.4%
Calcium 22.2% Iron 9.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet