Courgettes A La Grecque
|Courgettes||1 Pound (450 Gram)|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Pint (150 Milliliter)|
|Water||1⁄4 Pint (150 Milliliter)|
|Thyme||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Coriander seeds||1 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Black peppercorns||1⁄2 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Tomatoes||4 Large, skinned|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), finely chopped|
1) Cut the long slices of courgettes around 5mm/1/4 inch.
2) In a colander, place the slices and sprinkle salt over them.
3) Leave the slices for 1 hour to drain.
4) Wash the courgettes and make them dry on an absorbant kitchen paper.
5) In a deep-frying pan, put all the remaining ingredients.
6) Boil them and cook on low heat for 5 minutes.
7) In the pan, add courgettes and cook slowly for 20 minutes.
8) In a shallow serving dish, transfer the courgettes and let them cool.
9) Place in refrigerator to chill for 2 hours.
10) Serve the vegetable dish as side dish.