1. Soak bread in water until moisten and remove the core. Squeeze water and set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine ground beef, bread core, egg yolk, salt, pepper, cumin, and olive oil. Mix well.
3. Roll mixture into meatballs and deep fry until nice and brown. Flip as and when needed for even cooking. Place them on a paper towel to drain.
4. Into a small bowl, transfer most of the fried oil, leaving some for making gravy.
5. Pour water in pan and place it back on flame.
6. Add tomato puree and give it a good stir. Season with salt, pepper, and cumin. Let it boil on low flame.
7. Drop meatballs, and simmer on low until thickened.
Meatballs make good breakfast, lunch and even snacks and here is a recipe from Greek cuisine to make them. Chef Vassilis shows how to make Sutzukakia or meatballs and simmer them in tomato gravy. Soulfully appetizing!