1. For the Italian style salad: Slice the tomato into thin slices and place on a plate
2. Slice the Mozzarella cheese and place on top of sliced tomatoes.
3. Drizzle some olive oil and vinegar over the tomatoes and mozzarella cheese.
4. Add salt and pepper to taste.
5. Add some chopped basil.
6. For the Greek style salad: To a bowl, add a cup of shredded feta cheese.
7. Add chopped olives, onions, tomatoes and basil leaves.
8. Drizzle 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil, 1 teaspoon vinegar and 1 teaspoon white pepper.
Looking for a salad recipe to try tonight? Watch the video, it has not one but two recipes of salad of Italian and Greek influence using their local cheese. They are simple yet delicious and perfect for a dinner side.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1297 Calories from Fat 962
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 105 g162.1%
Saturated Fat 36.8 g184.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 199.9 mg66.6%
Sodium 3457.9 mg144.1%
Total Carbohydrates 41 g13.8%
Dietary Fiber 9.8 g39.3%
Sugars 22.4 g
Protein 45 g89.7%
Vitamin A 98.8%
Vitamin C 95.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Cheese Salad - Greek And Italian Style Recipe Video