|Long rice||8 Ounce|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Nut oil||2 Ounce (Or Fat)|
|Onion||1 Large, sliced|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), finely chopped|
|Tomatoes/1/2 pint tinned tomatoes||8 Ounce, skinned and sliced|
|Dried peaches||4 Ounce, stoned|
|Dried prunes||4 Ounce, stoned|
|Seedless raisins||2 Ounce|
|Saffron||1 Pinch, soaked in 1/2 pint hot water for 30 minutes|
|Lemon juice||1⁄2 Tablespoon (Extracted From 1/2 Fruit)|
|Grated lemon rind||1⁄2 Teaspoon (From 1/2 Fruit)|
|Bay leaf||1 , peel, cut into matchsticks|
|Orange juice||1⁄2 Tablespoon (Extracted From 1/2 Fruit)|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Flavoring extract/Other flavoring extract||1 Tablespoon (Maggi Brand)|
|Chopped chives||1 Tablespoon (Use Few)|
1) In a thick pan, gently saute the dry rice in the oil and butter until pale yellow.
2) Stir in the onion and garlic and saute for further 2-3 minutes.
3) Stir in the tomatoes, fruit, saffron, lemon rind, juice and bay leaf, then simmer covered until the rice is just tender and almost dry.
4) Stir in the orange juice, half the prepared peel, pepper and savoury extract with a chopstick or wooden spoon.
5) Garnish with the chopped chives and orange peel and serve immediately in a casserole.