|Cooking oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Grated orange rind||1 Tablespoon|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Flaked coconut||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sifted cake flour||1 1⁄8 Cup (18 tbs) (1 Cup Plus 2 Tablespoons)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cream of tartar||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Sweetened whipped cream/Whipped topping||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Grated coconut||3 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat oven to 350°F before baking.
2) Whip egg whites with salt and cream of tartar until they reach very stiff stage.
3) In a mixing bowl, mix oil, egg yolks, water, grated rind, vanilla and 1/2 cup coconut.
4) Add in sifted flour, sugar, and baking powder and beat the mixture at low speed of mixer or 75 strokes for 1/2 minute by hand.
5) Mix well this mixture to the beaten egg white mixture,but lightly.
6) Take an ungreased pan (8x8x2 inches); pour the mixture into it and bake for about 30 minutes in the preheated oven.
7) Keep the pan upside down and let cool for 1 hour.
8) Carefully release the cake from pan and divide into 2 layers.
9) Use whipped cream to spread between layers and also on top.
10) Sprinkle with coconut and decorate with oranges.