Greek Aubergine Appetizer
|Aubergines||1 1⁄2 Pound, trimmed and wiped|
|Olive oil||1⁄2 Pint|
|Onion||2 Ounce, skinned and chopped|
|Lemon juice||3 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), skinned and crushed|
|Dried oregano||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
1) Take a sharp knife and thickly slice the aubergines.
2) Take a large frying pan, and heat half the oil in it. Put aubergines and saute until they are translucent and tender.
3) Now, in a clean bowl, combine the sautéed aubergines with salt, pepper, oregano, onion, and lemon juice.
4) Pour in the remaining oil, gradually and beat the mixture until it is thick and soft. You may also use a blender and puree the ingredients.
5) sprinkle chives and Serve chilled.
Calories 583 Calories from Fat 534
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 60 g92.9%
Saturated Fat 8.4 g41.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 104.7 mg4.4%
Total Carbohydrates 13 g4.3%
Dietary Fiber 6.3 g25.2%
Sugars 4.9 g
Protein 2 g4.2%
Vitamin A 2.6% Vitamin C 18.8%
Calcium 2.9% Iron 5.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet