Sweet Potato Sausage And Feta Frittata
|Breakfast sausage links||4 Ounce (No Sugar Added)|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon, divided|
|Sweet potato||4 Ounce, peeled (1/2 Small, 1/2 Cup)|
|Onion||1 Small, diced to 1/2 cup|
|Canned diced tomatoes||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), drained|
|Chopped fresh parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|Feta cheese||4 Ounce, crumbled to 1 cup|
1. Cook sausage in a large ovenproof nonstick skillet over medium heat until lightly browned and cooked through, 5 to 6 minutes. Cut into 1/4-inch slices. Transfer to a medium bowl.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in skillet. Add sweet potato and cook, stirring occasionally, until it begins to brown, about 5 minutes. Add onion and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is soft, about 5 minutes longer. Add tomatoes and cook 2 minutes longer. Remove mixture from heat, add to the sausage, and let cool to room temperature.
3. Lightly beat eggs in a medium bowl. Add sausage, vegetables, parsley, cheese, salt, and pepper, mixing gently.
4. Heat skillet over medium heat for 1 to 2 minutes. Add remaining 2 tablespoons oil and heat for 30 seconds. Pour in egg mixture and cook, stirring gently from the outside edge to the center, until the eggs are set on the sides and soft in the center, 6 to 7 minutes.
5. Heat broiler. Place skillet under broiler and cook until eggs are set, 1 to 2 minutes. Loosen frittata from sides of pan. Place a large plate upside down over the pan and, using two hands with pot holders, invert the frittata. Serve immediately.