Spanakopita Greek Tofu Spinach Pie
|Melted butter||2 Tablespoon|
1) With a roller pin, roll the phyllo dough into paper like thin.
2) Cut this in to rectangular shaped strips having dimension 5 1/2 inch x 10 inch. Use melted butter to brush on.
3) In a steamer, steam the chopped spinach.
4) In a fry pan, add oil to sauté diced tofu by seasoning with salt and pepper until the tofu becomes golden and crisp.
5) Stir in steamed spinach.
6) Take one pastry sheet, to place 3 tablespoons of spinach mixture at the right hand corner.
7) Fold the other part of pastry sheet over the mixture making a triangle.
8) In a greased baking sheet, place the pastries.
9) Set your oven at 400° and place the baking sheet inside oven.
10) Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the pastries turn golden and puffy.
11) Serve hot.
Calories 79 Calories from Fat 47
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g8.3%
Saturated Fat 2.7 g13.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 10.8 mg3.6%
Sodium 127.7 mg5.3%
Total Carbohydrates 5 g1.7%
Dietary Fiber 1.4 g5.4%
Sugars 0.8 g
Protein 4 g7.5%
Vitamin A 108.8% Vitamin C 26.6%
Calcium 7% Iron 10.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet