Lemon Greek Chicken
|Lemon zest||2 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), pressed|
|Dried oregano leaves||3 Teaspoon|
|Ground black pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Baking potatoes||2 Medium|
|Red bell pepper||1 Medium, cut into 1 inch pieces|
|Red onion||1 Medium, cut into wedges|
|Whole mushrooms||8 Ounce|
|Bone in chicken breast halves||3 Pound (4 Split Pieces)|
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2. In a small bowl, combine lemon zest, juice, garlic and oil.
3. Add oregano and season with salt and black pepper. Keep aside for later
4. Cut each potato lengthwise into 8 wedges.
5. Combine potatoes, bell pepper, onion and mushroom in a 9-inch x 13-inch baking dish or roasting pan.
6. Drizzle half the prepare lemon marinade and toss everything together.
7. Arrange chicken on bed of vegetables.
8. Drizzle remaining lemon marinade over the chicken pieces.
9. Place dish in the oven and bake chicken for 1 hour until meat is cooked.
10. Spoon pan juices over the chicken and vegetables after 30 minutes to keep moist.
11. Serve chicken with the vegetables and spoon pan juices on top.