Greek Spinach Pie
|Herbs||1 Bunch (100 gm)|
|Olive oil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Pick over the spinach and wash thoroughly with cold water.
3. In a pan, put together the chopped herbs and spinach; cook without any added water until spinach is tender.
4. In a ladle, heat some oil and add to the spinach; add seasonings to taste.
5. In a blender, process the mixture until smooth.
6. In a large pie dish, line bottom with 5 sheets of the phyllo pastry and brush each sheet with oil.
7. Spread spinach mixture on top.
8. Cover with remaining 5 sheets and brush every sheet with oil.
9. Sprinkle very little water on top and bake in oven for 35 minutes until top is golden brown.
10. Using a knife, slice pie into serving size wedges and serve hot.
If the pastry browns very quickly, then, cover it with a grease proof paper and reduce the temperature of oven.
The paper can be removed when the oven cools down slightly.