Feta And Tomato Salad With Cider Vinaigrette
|Tomatoes||10 Medium, sliced|
|Feta||500 Gram, sliced|
|Cider vinaigrette||1 Tablespoon|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cider vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Castor sugar||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground white pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Parsley||2 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Ground black pepper||1 Teaspoon|
1. On a round service platter or plate, arrange the slices of tomatoes and feta cheese, alternately in a concentric pattern, overlapping the slices slightly. Starting with tomatoes as the outer most circle.
2. Cover the platter with cling film and place in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
3. In a small bowl, combine all the ingredients for the dressing. Using a small wire whisk or a form, whisk the ingredients to form a well blended emulsion. Keep the dressing in the refrigerator or at room temperature until ready to serve the salad.
4. Remove the platter from the refrigerator 20 minutes before serving time to bring to room temperature.
5. A few minutes before serving, drizzle the dressing over salad.
6. Sprinkle the black pepper over feta cheese layers and the parsley over the tomato slices.
7. If using olives, carelessly scatter them over the tomatoes and cheese.
8. This salad can be served cold or at room temperature.
9. It is a great accompaniment to meats and can also be served as an appetizer.