Feta and Herb Stuffed Chicken with Red Wine Shallot Sauce
|Butter||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Feta||3 Ounce (85 Gram)|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Chicken breasts||2 (Skin On)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Red wine vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Red wine||4 Fluid Ounce (100 Milliliter)|
|Chicken stock||4 Fluid Ounce (100 Milliliter)|
|Double cream||3 Tablespoon|
|Chopped flat leaf parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Green beans||1 Cup (16 tbs), trimmed|
|White wine vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
1) Pre-heat oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas mark 4.
2) In a food processor, add in the butter, feta cheese, parsley, coriander, tarragon and chives. Pour 1 tablespoon of olive oil into it and whizz the processor.
3) Stretch and loosen chicken skin and make a pocket. Fill in the cheese stuffing and even it out.
4) In an oven-proof frying pan, heat some olive oil. Brown the chicken breasts on all sides.
5) Bake in the oven for about 15 to 20 mins or till it is completely cooked.
As you bake the chicken, make the sauce. In a pan, heat some olive oil and sauté the shallots and garlic for 5 minutes.
Pour in the vinegar and wine, bring to the boil and simmer for 2 minutes. Pour in the stock and bring it to a simmer. Then, add in the cream and chopped parsley and stir. Season to taste.
9) To make the beans; in a pan, stir fry the shallot and garlic in oil and butter for 5 minutes. Stir in the beans and vinegar to the pan. Cook for about 7 to 8 minutes till it is cooked.
10) Slice the chicken breasts and serve with the buttered beans and the red wine sauce poured around the edge of individual plates.
Calories 448 Calories from Fat 281
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 32 g48.9%
Saturated Fat 10.7 g53.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 93 mg31%
Sodium 346.4 mg14.4%
Total Carbohydrates 9 g3%
Dietary Fiber 1.2 g5%
Sugars 1.8 g
Protein 25 g50.4%
Vitamin A 24.7% Vitamin C 21.7%
Calcium 13.8% Iron 9.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet