Greek Potato Soup
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Potatoes||750 Gram, diced|
|Carrots||2 Small, scraped|
|Turnip||1 Small, peeled and diced|
|Garlic||6 Clove (30 gm), crushed|
|Vegetable stock||8 Cup (128 tbs)|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Ground black pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Nutmeg||1⁄2 Teaspoon, freshly grated|
|Cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), mixed|
|Parsley||2 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
1) Collect the ingredients and the utensils required.
2) Wash and peel the potatoes, carrots and turpin and dice them.
2) In a large pan, heat butter with oil over moderate heat.
3) To the pan, add diced potatoes, carrots and turpin (if used) and saute for 5 minutes.
4) Add garlic and cook for 10 minutes more, tossing frequently.
5) Pour in stock and cook till all the vegetables are evenly cooked.
6) into a fresh pan, cool and strain the stock and set aside.
7) Puree the vegetables to a slightly coarse paste.
8) Return the pan to moderate heat and mix the puree to the reserved stock.
9) Add hot milk and seasonings and mix it well.
10) Before serving, preheat the soup and mix the cream.
11) Serve hot and garnish with parsley.
Calories 329 Calories from Fat 113
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g19.4%
Saturated Fat 5.5 g27.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 19.6 mg6.5%
Sodium 1344.1 mg56%
Total Carbohydrates 49 g16.5%
Dietary Fiber 5.9 g23.4%
Sugars 13.2 g
Protein 7 g13%
Vitamin A 68.9% Vitamin C 60.2%
Calcium 17.2% Iron 9.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet