18 Tablespoon (1 tablespoon rice for each evegetable)
1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), divided
1 Medium, mince
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), finely chopped
4 , cut into strips (3-4)
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
1. Cut the top of tomato and aubergine and scoop out the seeds and pulp as shown in the video. Reserve tomato pulp into a bowl.
2. Also cut and scoop out seeds from bell pepper.
3. Chop the tomato pulp into small pieces. Set it aside.
4. In a frying pan, saute onion and ground meat in olive oil. Cook until browned.
5. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Add parsley, rice, and dried mint. Stir well.
7. Stir in 1 cup of tomato pulp and cook for a few minutes.
8. Fill the vegetables with about 2 tablespoons of rice stuffing and place it on a baking tray.
9. Place potato strips on the baking tray along with other vegetables.
10. In the remaining tomato pulp, add ½ cup of olive oil, salt, pepper and oregano. Mix well.
11. Pour it on top of vegetables along with water.
12. Preheat oven to 400 degree F.
13. Pop it in oven and bake for 1 hour 40 minutes or until done.
Vegetables offer immense health values besides being colorful when presented. Here is a recipe to cook Gemista or Stuffed Vegetables with tomatoes, bell peppers and aubergines filled with beef mixture. Fulfilling to the core!
The Greek Cook:Gemista (Stuffed Vegetables) Recipe Video, Greek Gemista