|Boneless pork fillet/Leg / chump steaks||1 1⁄2 Pound (675 Grams)|
|Coriander seeds||4 Teaspoon|
|Caster sugar||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil||45 Milliliter (3 Tablespoon)|
|Onions||2 Large, sliced|
|Red wine||1⁄2 Pint (300 Milliliter / 1 1/4 Cups)|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Fresh coriander||1 Teaspoon (For Garnish)|
1. Cut the pork into small chunks, discarding any excess fat. Crush the coriander seeds with a pestle and mortar until fairly finely ground.
2. Mix the coriander seeds with the sugar and salt and pepper and rub all over the meat. Leave to marinate for up to 4 hours.
3. Preheat the oven to 160°C/ 325°F/Gas 3. Heat 30 ml / 2 tbsp of the oil in a frying pan over a high heat. Brown the meat quickly, then transfer to an ovenproof dish.
4. Add the remaining oil to the pan and fry the onions until beginning to colour. Stir in the wine and a little salt and pepper and bring just to the boil.
5. Pour the onion and wine mixture over the meat and cover with a lid. Bake for 1 hour, or until the meat is very tender. Serve scattered with fresh coriander.
Calories 354 Calories from Fat 135
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g23.5%
Saturated Fat 1.3 g6.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 84.6 mg3.5%
Total Carbohydrates 17 g5.7%
Dietary Fiber 3.9 g15.5%
Sugars 5.8 g
Protein 28 g56.7%
Vitamin A 1.4% Vitamin C 17.3%
Calcium 5.9% Iron 5.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet