Feta Chicken With Herbs
|Skinless boneless chicken thighs||8|
|Chopped fresh thyme||2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped fresh rosemary||2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped fresh oregano||2 Tablespoon|
|Feta cheese||4 1⁄2 Ounce (125 Gram)|
|All purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Mixed herbs||1 Teaspoon (Such As Thyme, Rosemary, And Oregano To Garnish)|
|For tomato sauce|
|Onion||1 Medium, coarsely chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Plum tomatoes||4 Medium, cut into fourths|
1. Spread out the chicken thighs, smooth side downward.
2. Divide the herbs among the chicken thighs, then cut the cheese into eight sticks. Place one stick of cheese in the center of each chicken thigh. Season well, then roll up the thighs to enclose the cheese.
3. Place the chicken thighs in an ovenproof pan, brush them with milk, and dust with flour to coat.
4. Bake in a preheated oven, 375°F/190°C, for 25-30 minutes, or until golden brown. The juices should run clear and not pink when the chicken is pierced with a skewer in the thickest part.
5. Meanwhile, to make the sauce, cook the onion and garlic in the oil, stirring, until softened and starting to brown.
6. Add the tomatoes, lower the heat, cover, and simmer for 15-20 minutes, or until soft.
7. Add the herbs, then transfer to a food processor and blend to a paste. Press through a strainer to make a smooth, rich sauce. Season and serve the sauce with the chicken, garnished with herbs.