|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Oregano||15 Milliliter, chopped (1 Tablespoon)|
|Leg lamb steaks/Chump chops with bones||4|
|Olive oil||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoon)|
|Onions||2 Large, thinly sliced|
|Dry white wine||1⁄4 Pint (150 Milliliter)|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
1. Mix together the lemon juice, oregano and salt and pepper, and brush over both sides of the lamb steaks or chops. Leave to marinate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
2. Preheat the oven to 160°C/325°F/Gas 3. Drain the lamb, reserving the marinade, and dry the lamb with kitchen paper. Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan or saute pan and fry the Iamb over a high heat until browned on both sides.
3. Transfer the lamb to a shallow pie dish. Scatter the sliced onions and bay leaves around the lamb, then pour over the white wine and the reserved marinade.
4. Mix the flour with sufficient water to make a firm dough. Moisten the rim of the pie dish. Roll out the dough on a floured surface and use to cover the dish so that it is tightly sealed.
5. Bake for 2 hours, then break away the dough crust and serve the lamb hot with boiled potatoes.