Bainbridge Island Vineyards Greek Garlic Chicken
|Chicken legs||5 Pound (8 Legs, Thighs And Drumsticks Attached)|
|Minced garlic||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs) (About 3 Heads)|
|Lemon juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dried oregano||2 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Coarse ground pepper||2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Rinse chicken, pat dry, and pull off and discard lumps of fat. Put legs in a rimmed 12- by 17-inch pan.
2. In a bowl, mix minced garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, oregano, pepper, and salt. Smear garlic mixture evenly over chicken, then arrange legs, cut side down, in a single layer.
3. Bake in a 375° oven until skin
is well browned, about 1 1/2 hours (l 1/4 hours in a convection oven). After 45 minutes, baste chicken with pan juices every 10 to 15 minutes.
4. Transfer chicken to a warm platter. Skim and discard fat from drippings. Add 1/2 cup boiling water to pan, stir to
loosen browned bits, and pour sauce into a bowl.
5. Scatter chopped parsley over chicken; garnish with parsley sprigs. Add sauce to taste.
Calories 485 Calories from Fat 312
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 36 g55.3%
Saturated Fat 8.9 g44.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 150 mg50%
Sodium 1151.9 mg48%
Total Carbohydrates 9 g2.9%
Dietary Fiber 2.7 g10.7%
Sugars 0.6 g
Protein 33 g66.9%
Vitamin A 10.9% Vitamin C 27.2%
Calcium 9.2% Iron 26.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet