Angel Hair Pasta With Tomatoes And Feta
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1⁄2 Pound, peeled and chopped|
|Thinly sliced garlic||3 Tablespoon|
|Angel hair pasta||1 Pound (Dried)|
|Firm ripe roma tomatoes||2 Pound, rinsed, cored, and chopped|
|Chopped basil leaves||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Chopped parsley||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Feta cheese||1⁄2 Pound, crumbled|
1. In a covered 6- to 8-quart pan over high heat, bring 3 to 4 quarts water to a boil.
2. Meanwhile, in a 10- to 12-inch frying pan over medium-high heat, frequently stir oil, onion, and garlic until onion is limp, 5 to 7 minutes.
3. Add pasta to boiling water. Stir often and cook, uncovered, until pasta is barely tender to bite, 3 to 5 minutes. Drain and put in a wide, shallow bowl.
4. Meanwhile, add tomatoes to frying pan and stir just until warm, about 2 minutes. Stir in basil and parsley, and heat just until basil wilts, about 1 minute.
5. Pour tomato mixture over pasta. Add cheese and mix. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3645 Calories from Fat 908
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 102 g156.9%
Saturated Fat 40.3 g201.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 201.9 mg67.3%
Sodium 3487.3 mg145.3%
Total Carbohydrates 535 g178.3%
Dietary Fiber 48.3 g193.1%
Sugars 115.6 g
Protein 148 g295.9%
Vitamin A 330.3% Vitamin C 356.7%
Calcium 130.5% Iron 69.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet