Lamb And Beef Keftedes
|Ground lamb||1 Pound|
|Ground beef||1 Pound|
|Greek seasoning||1 Tablespoon|
|Cottage cheese||200 Gram|
|Fresh mint leaves||10 , chopped|
|Fresh bread crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Leafy vegetables||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Grate onion.
2. Chop the mint leaves and tomatoes.
3. Mash the cottage cheese.
4. Cut the asparagus into 4 inch sticks and fry.
5. In a large mixing bowl, place the ground meats, onion, Greek seasoning, cottage cheese, mint leaves, eggs, bread crumbs and salt, combine well and make equal sized balls.
6. In a skillet, heat oil and cook the meat balls until it turns crisp and brown.
7. In an individual plate, place the leafy greens, tomatoes, fried asparagus and the meat balls, serve hot.
Calories 358 Calories from Fat 259
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 29 g44.3%
Saturated Fat 10.2 g50.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 109.4 mg36.5%
Sodium 217.5 mg9.1%
Total Carbohydrates 5 g1.8%
Dietary Fiber 0.86 g3.4%
Sugars 2 g
Protein 20 g39.2%
Vitamin A 9.7% Vitamin C 7%
Calcium 5% Iron 10.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet