Ambrosia Cake Layers
|Sifted cake flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||3 Teaspoon|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to moderate (375° F.).
2. Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt.
3. Cream the butter, add sugar gradually and beat until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the vanilla.
4. Add dry ingredients alternately with milk, stirring only enough to blend thoroughly. Do not beat. Pour into two greased eight-inch layer cake pans.
5. Bake twenty-five minutes, or until a cake tester inserted in the center of each cake comes out clean. Cool.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2752 Calories from Fat 959
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 109 g167.5%
Saturated Fat 64.4 g321.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 681.8 mg227.3%
Sodium 2378.5 mg99.1%
Total Carbohydrates 409 g136.4%
Dietary Fiber 4.3 g17.1%
Sugars 211 g
Protein 40 g79%
Vitamin A 69.4% Vitamin C
Calcium 141.4% Iron 121.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet