Ambrosia Cake Layers
|Sifted cake flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||3 Teaspoon|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to moderate (375° F.).
2. Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt.
3. Cream the butter, add sugar gradually and beat until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the vanilla.
4. Add dry ingredients alternately with milk, stirring only enough to blend thoroughly. Do not beat. Pour into two greased eight-inch layer cake pans.
5. Bake twenty-five minutes, or until a cake tester inserted in the center of each cake comes out clean. Cool.