Tony Caputo's GREEK LENTIL SALAD is made to celebrate the Greek recipe week. It's pretty simple to make. Green lentils are so good and healthy and yellow beet is something very unique. Tony Caputo's GREEK LENTIL SALAD has lots of herbs and some lemon juice as well. Check out the recipe!
2 Cup (32 tbs), cooked for 20 minutes; drained
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped
1 Teaspoon, chopped
1 Cup (16 tbs), peeled and diced (Yellow Variety)
1 Teaspoon (For Garnish)
1 Tablespoon (For Garnish)
1. Boil lentils, drain and keep aside in a bowl.
2. In a frying pan, add chopped onion and mush it down to fry quickly.
3. Add chopped garlic.
4. Add the chopped beet to the pan and sauté for 1 minute.
5. While the lentils are still hot, add a little olive oil to it and mix.
6. Then add the sautéed yellow beet and onion mixture.
7. Mix a little cumin powder in lemon juice and add the mixture to the salad.
8. Mix them together.
9. Serve the salad in a plate and garnish with fresh mint leaves and feta cheese.
If you are inspired by Greek cuisine, here is an authentic Greek salad which definitely should not be missed. Prepared by combining the goodness of green lentils, yellow beet, cheese and spices, this salad is less time consuming and involves minimal cooking. To know more about this tasty salad, watch the video.