Vegan Thanksgiving Gravy
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Garlic cloves||3 , mince|
|Onion||1 Medium, chop|
|Nutritional yeast||1 Tablespoon|
|Sage||1 Teaspoon, freshly cut|
|Parsley||1 Teaspoon, freshly cut|
|Soy sauce/Tamari||1 Tablespoon|
|White wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vegetable stock||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
1. Place a pan on the stove and add 3 tablespoons of Olive oil.
2. Add 1 medium chopped onion, 3 cloves of minced garlic, a pinch of salt & pepper. Let this sweat for 5-6 minutes.
3. Add 3 tablespoons of flour and stir. Let this cook on a low flame for 5 minutes.
4. Next, add a tablespoon of nutritional yeast, 1 teaspoon of fresh sage and thyme, 1 tablespoon of soy sauce or tamari.
5. Next, add 1/2 cup of white wine and stir.
6. Slowly add 3 cups of heated vegetable stock, bit by bit, (to prevent lumps) and stir.
7. Let the gravy simmer for 5-10 minutes for flavors to come together.
8. Taste and season with a pinch of celery salt and pepper.
9. Garnish with parsley and your gravy is ready to serve.
The rue should always have same part flour and fat. Here, it is 3 tablespoons olive oil to 3 tablespoons flour.
Calories 136 Calories from Fat 68
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g11.8%
Saturated Fat 1.1 g5.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 371.2 mg15.5%
Total Carbohydrates 12 g3.9%
Dietary Fiber 1.8 g7.1%
Sugars 1.7 g
Protein 2 g3.4%
Vitamin A 2.1% Vitamin C 7.3%
Calcium 1.7% Iron 4.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet