In this video, Betty demonstrates how to make Beef Broth Gravy. This is a rich gravy that you can make without cooking meat for stock.
1 Medium, chopped finely
2 , chopped
Extra virgin olive oil
10 1⁄2 Ounce (or beef consommé or beef bouillon)
1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs) (1 cup+ 1/4 cup)
Beef bouillon cube
1⁄4 Teaspoon (You may use Gravy Master or a generic brand)
1. In a medium saucepan, heat olive oil and butter over medium flame.
2. Add chopped onion and celery. Saute for about 8-10 minutes or until onion is translucent.
3. Pour beef broth, 1 cup of water, and add bouillon cube. Stir and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat to low and cover the saucepan with lid. Simmer for 20-25 minutes.
4. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch with ¼ cup of water. Add kitchen bouquet and stir until there are no lumps.
5. Add cornstarch mixture to gravy, immediately stirring it in. Bring gravy to a boil, stir constantly and boil 1 minute.
6. Serve hot and enjoy!
This gravy is delicious over mashed potatoes or cooked noodles.