In this video, Betty demonstrates how to make Country White Gravy. This gravy goes well with the Southern Raised Biscuits uploaded in bettyskitchen previously.
All purpose flour
2 Cup (32 tbs), divided
Fresh ground pepper
1. In a medium skillet, melt butter over low heat and whisk in flour.
2. Season with salt and pepper. Whisk well.
3. Gradually whisk in 1 cup of milk, turn the heat to medium and simmer for a few minutes.
4. Continue to cook and add remaining milk, if needed, about ¼ cup at a time until nice and thick. If it is not thickening as much as desired, cut back on the amount of milk added.
5. Taste and adjust seasoning of salt and pepper.
If you are looking for some marvelous foods for setting the Easter Breakfast table, here is one recipe for all that should not be missed. The delicious white gravy is super tasting gravy which can be served as a perfect accompaniment to Biscuits or any other food. Watch the video to know how it is made...