Pot Roast With Dill Carrot Gravy
|Lean boneless rump roast||4 Pound|
|Vegetable cooking spray||1|
|Onion||1 Small, sliced|
|Beef-flavored bouillon granules||1 Teaspoon|
|Hot water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Carrots||2 Medium, scraped, sliced|
|Lowfat sour cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dried whole dill weed||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 350F.
2) Remove the excess fat from the roast.
3) Coat the Dutch Oven with cooking spray.
4) Heat the Dutch Oven over medium-high flame. When hot, add in the pork roast.
5) Cook the roast to brown well on all sides.
6) Arrange the slices of onion over the roast.
7) In a bowl, mix the bouillon granules and water. Pour it over the roast.
8) Cover the dish and bake for 2 hours.
9) Add in the carrots after 2 hours. Place the cover back on and bake for 30 more minutes.
10) Once baked, transfer the roast onto the serving platter. Keep warm.
11) Skim off the excess fat from the surface of the marinade.
12) Add in the carrots with 1/4 cup of the cooking liquid into the electric blender. Process to get a smooth puree.
13) Add in the sour cream and dillweed. Process once more to combine.
14) Serve the Pot Roast with Dilled Carrot Gravy on the side.