Lean Beef Pot Roast (chuck, rump, or round)- 3 pounds
Vegetable Oil- 2 tablespoons
Onions- 12 small
Carrots- 6 medium, cut into 1-inch slices
Water- 1/2 cup
Poppy Seeds- 2 teaspoons
Salt- 1 1/2 teaspoons
Black Pepper- to taste
Sour Cream- 1 cup
1) In a large non-stick pan heat the oil and brown the beef on all sides.
2) Put the beef in slow cooker along with onion and carrots on top.
3) In the same pan, heat water and stir to remove the browned bits.
4) Pour over the meat along with poppy seeds, salt and pepper.
5) Put the lid on and simmer for 8 to 10 hours.
6) Stir in the cream in the meat mixture.
7) Slice meat and spoon gravy on the top and serve hot.